Sunday, May 20, 2018

Movie Review...Den of Thieves

Gerard Butler. LA’s number one major crime lawman. Roughshod. You’d like Gerard’s crew to succeed in their enforcement duties, but your hopes would be...well…. Just see the film and decide for yourself. Den of Thieves leaves lots of emotions hanging up there on the big screen. Bullet sales flourish, but bank robbery takes an unanticipated turn for both the good guys and the bad guys. You’ll see.

I had the feeling the heroes lived lives fraught with personal distress. The thieves lived lives on banana peels, packing weapons of paranoia and always looking over their shoulders. I asked myself how smart were the factions? How sure was I when the end flashed?

Den of Thieves is an action movie that does not have everything, but it has enough. It was enough for me to say I was thrilled, but not enough to offer lots of compassion for the losers. The film is easily the best “thinker” to come along lately.

1 comment:

Pang said...

Gonna rush right out to see Den of Thieves 2?